We know that by shopping with The Food Warehouse you have placed your trust in us to deliver to you the best products for great value. We also understand that you want the personal information you give us to be kept private as well as secure. The Food Warehouse takes your privacy seriously, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy details the purposes for which and the way in which we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
The Website (other than affiliate websites, see below for further information) is owned and operated by Iceland Foods Limited (Company Number 1107406) whose registered office is at Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW (referred to as “Iceland”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) in this Policy.
Information we collect
The information we collect from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer. When you shop with Iceland, and/or apply for a Bonus Card or use any service offered by Iceland we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, delivery address your bonus card number (if applicable). We keep a record of this information as this is needed for us to recognise you as an Iceland customer;
- If you send any emails to us we will keep a record of your emails. This means we can keep track of any issues or concerns you may have experienced whilst shopping with us. This helps us to continually improve thefoodwarehouse.com;
- If you call our online support team we may record the call for monitoring and quality control purposes;
- We also collect information when you:
- submit ratings and reviews;
- use the Iceland online help portal (http://help.iceland.co.uk)
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- sign up to become an Iceland bonus card holder;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them;
- Your IP address;
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access;
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you;
- We may also collect some or all of this personal information from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How we use the information we collect
- All the information we collect from you is used by us (or a third party processor acting on our behalf), to operate and improve the service at thefoodwarehouse.com. We are committed to only use your personal information for:
- Processing your orders;
- Monitoring and improving the Website;
- Planning and managing the activities of the Website, including analysing your shopping habits and preferences to develop and improve our products and services;
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order;
- Allowing selected third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- In the event that you purchase goods from The Food Warehouse, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product;
- Providing you with information about the products we offer;
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or included in your order delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. On signing up for each service from The Food Warehouse and as part of each communication, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future communications. Marketing communications from The Food Warehouse may include advertising for or offers from third parties;
- To verify your identity;
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information;
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter, including the monthly Bonus Card prize draw;
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of the Website; and
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed by law or court order.
- In addition we may collect anonymised details about you for marketing or reporting purposes but no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes. We may also carry out market research through our feedback forums.
Transferring data internationally
All emails you receive from Iceland will come from an email address ending in Iceland.co.uk. If you receive any emails claiming to be from Iceland which do not end in Iceland.co.uk or Icelandmail.co.uk these may be fraudulent and should be forwarded to Iceland at http://help.iceland.co.uk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the mechanism we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at http://help.iceland.co.uk.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to make such a request please contact Iceland Legal Services on 01244 843610.
Updating your information
You must make sure that any information you provide to use is correct and complete. You can ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by writing to us at the address set out below.
If you register to use secured parts of the Website, you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential, must not disclose it or share it with anyone and will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately at the address below. If we think that there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may ask you to change your password or suspend your account until we have verified your identity and/or until your account has been secured.
What are cookies and how are they used?
A “Cookie” is a very small text file placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by lots of the websites that you visit. Cookies allow us to help you get the best out of your visit to www.thefoodwarehouse.com. Whilst it is possible to set your browser to reject cookies, they don’t harm your computer and not allowing cookies onto your computer will affect your ability to use www.thefoodwarehouse.com.
What types of cookies are there and how does Iceland use them?
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. Essential cookies are needed to allow you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that could identify you. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks, but only with Food Warehouse’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Below is a list of all the cookies that may be sent to you by www.foodwarehouse.com and/or Iceland.co.uk and what each cookie is used for. You can set your browser to reject cookies (please see the ‘Managing Cookies’ section below for more information) but if you do this, The Food Warehouse will be unable to provide you with certain features of this website.
||Name of Cookie(s)
||Collects information about how visitors use our website. The information is collected is an anonymous and includes information about the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||__utma, __utmb , __utmc , __utmz, _ga
||Name of Cookie(s)
||Name of Cookie(s)
|Advertising Tracking & Remarketing
||Used to track activity resultant of online advertising campaigns to measure advertising effectiveness. To deliver adverts more relevant to you based on your online Food Warehouse experience.
||Id, _drt_, _sonar, ebNewBandWidth_.googleads.g.doubleclick.net, uuid2, anj, icu, sess
By default, cookies should be enabled on your computer or device. If not, your experience on www.thefoodwarehouse.com and/or www.iceland.co.uk will be limited to browsing, viewing and searching for products. You will not be able to purchase products or use other helpful tools.
However if you would like to restrict, block or delete cookies from www.thefoodwarehouse.com and/or www.iceland.co.uk or any other website, you can use your internet browser to do this. The links below take you to the ‘help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to change your cookies.
Food Warehouse Store Opening Prize Draw
Terms and conditions:
- There will be 5 winners in total, 1 winner will receive a Morphy Richards kitchen homeware set consisting of a 24 Piece Hammered Cutlery Set, New Accents Jug Kettle Brushed, a 3 Piece Pan Set S/Steel, a 6 Piece Storage Set S/Steel, a 4 Piece Gadget Set S/Steel, a 5 Piece Tool Set S/Steel, Accents 2 Slice Toaster and a 30L Round Sensor Bin S/Steel. 4 winners will receive 1 x £50 Iceland vouchers.
- No cash alternative will be offered for any prize and the prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. Iceland reserves the right to substitute any prize for an item of similar value. Iceland vouchers can be used in UK Iceland and Iceland Food Warehouse stores only. Vouchers cannot be used online and cannot be used to purchase Iceland carrier bags, to add electronic savings onto a Bonus Card or to purchase alcohol in Scotland. Separate voucher terms and conditions may apply, please refer to the vouchers on receipt for details.
- The prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Employees and staff of Iceland, their respective families and any agencies or anyone connected with this prize draw are not permitted to enter.
- Entries to the prize draw are made by making a purchase at the relevant Food Warehouse store and then completing the entry slip which relates to the prize draw provided by that store, and placing it into the prize draw box. Entry slips will be kept at the checkout. All contact details required must be filled in on the form. Completed forms must be deposited in the prize draw box provided.
- Entries must be made on the date advertised for the relevant prize draw, and during the relevant store's opening times. Entries made outside of this time period, or which do not meet the entry criteria, will not be considered. Only one entry per household.
- The winners will be selected at random by the manager of the Food Warehouse store and the winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within 3 weeks of the draw using the contact details provided on the winners' entry forms. The first name drawn will be the winner of the Morphy Richards kitchen homeware set and the subsequent 4 names drawn will win 1 x £50 Iceland vouchers each. In the event that it is not possible to get hold of a winner after a reasonable number of attempts, their prize will be forfeited and it will be re-drawn in accordance with the process set out above.
- The £50 Iceland voucher prizes will be sent by Royal Mail Signed For to the addresses provided by the winners and will be dispatched within 28 days of the prize draw. Iceland accepts no liability for any lost or delayed prizes. The winner of the Morphy Richards kitchen homeware set will be requested to return to the relevant Food Warehouse store to collect their prize.
- The winners' surnames and counties will be made available on request once the winners have been confirmed; please contact Iceland Customer Care on 0800 328 0800. Lines are open between 8am-9pm Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, and 8am-6pm Sunday (opening hours subject to change and calls may be recorded). By entering the prize draw, the winners agree to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw on the reasonable request of Iceland.
- The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Iceland reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior written notice if circumstances beyond Iceland's control make this necessary. Iceland will not be responsible for any entries that are incomplete, lost or delayed or any other reason which is beyond Iceland's control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
- By completing the entry form, entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Entrants also agree by ticking the relevant box on the entry form, that Iceland may contact them from time to time with offers and information from Iceland. Entrants will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from this service in each communication.
- The prize draw is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter: Iceland Foods Limited trading as Food Warehouse ("Iceland"), Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.