Why do we collect information?
It's simple. We collect information from our customers to help us deliver and continually improve the service we offer. That means when you shop with Iceland, and/or apply for a Bonus Card, or use any of our services, we may collect personal information about you.
How do we use your information?
That's a big question. We use your information in a number of different ways — and it all depends on the information. However, without your information, we won't be able to offer all our fantastic services, such as deliver your shopping to your door, or provide you with our latest offers and updates (unless you've opted out of receiving marketing, of course). All the information we collect from you is used by us, or a trusted third-party processor acting on our behalf. Check out the tables below to see what we do, and why we do it.
What information may we collect?
Why do we collect it?
Your name, age and gender
- To help us verify your identity and personalise your Iceland experience
- To provide essential fraud prevention and detection;
Your home address
- So that our helpful drivers can deliver your shopping to you
- To pinpoint your nearest Iceland store, and find out which store(s) deliver to your address out which store(s) deliver to your address
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of direct mail
- To help us find you when we respond to you by post
- To send you a Bonus Card and any replacements (don't worry, all your savings are stored safely on our system)
- To deliver money-off coupons, prize draw wins
- To send samples to our favourite bloggers and influencers
- To ensure you don't receive any more direct marketing mail by post if you have unsubscribed from this service
Your email address
- To help you register for a Bonus Card that's bursting with benefits and/or an online shopping account
- To give you a new password for your accounts
- To make it easy for you to view and customise your contact information
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of email and social media adverts
- To send you order acknowledgement, amendment and completion emails when ordering our products online, for a handy reference
- To ask whether you would like to review a purchase and help our products be the best they can be
- To record your emails and keep track of any issues or concerns you may have. This helps us to continually improve our services
- To ensure you don't receive any more marketing emails if you have unsubscribed from this service
Your contact history (including telephone call recordings and feedback)
- To ensure we always provide the best customer service and for training purposes
- To enable us to fully investigate any concerns you raise
- To log any questions or issues and inform the relevant stores to give you a helping hand
- To provide gestures of goodwill to customers (e.g. flowers)
Your phone or laptop (including your IP address, device type and, if you consent to sharing it with us, your location data)
- To make sure our website is continually improving, and set useful default options for you
- To make your online Iceland experience slicker, and tailor your journey around the website
- To provide essential protection against fraud, and meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
Your purchase history and saved items
- To perform our contract with you – because if you can't put stuff in a basket, you can't buy it!
- To record your purchase history and create a list of your favourite items, making your shopping experience quicker and easier every time you shop
- To understand your shopping habits, give you more of the things you love, and help us stay ahead of the competition
- To help us comply with the law
Your payment information
- To let you order products from the checkout, using PayPal and card payments, including debit, credit and Bonus Card. We'll take care of the rest
Your My Account (on Iceland.co.uk) or your My Bonus Card account
- To help you access the My Account section and update your details, to keep things running smoothly
- To help you add your payment information and process orders, quickly and securely
- To let you select a theme and contact Iceland regarding your shopping experience – this allows us to deal with your queries quickly
- To provide testing using your information, which helps us tailor what versions of the website you see and personalise your experience (that's right, you're making Iceland better all the time, without even realising!)
- To keep you updated on your offers and rewards available to you through your Bonus Card
- So you can always view your savings balance ensuring you know how much you can add to your basket without breaking your budget
Your social media accounts (when you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us)
- To let you log in to our website even quicker and easier than before
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of social media
Your in-store transactions
- To log your home delivery details, and help our drivers find your shopping – and you!
- To give you printed copy of transaction information, and allow you to return items without any fuss
- To understand your shopping habits, give you more of the things you love, and help us stay ahead of the competition
- To help us crunch the numbers and see which stores are doing best
- To help us comply with the law
Your in-store experiences (including CCTV)
- To identify issues in store and improve our customer experiences
- To obtain evidence of accidents and injuries in store, and resolve issues efficiently (luckily this doesn't happen too often)
- To help prevent theft or any other criminal activity
Your responses to surveys, promotions and competitions
- To perform our contract with you – because hey, if we can't use your entry, you can't win!
The law allows us to collect and use the information set out above for a number of reasons, including:
- With your consent
- To perform our contracts with you, such as to deliver your shopping
- Legal compliance – sometimes we don't have a choice, we are legally obliged to collect and share information, for example in relation to fraud or criminal activity
- Legitimate interest – where we need to use your data as part of the running of our business to provide our excellent goods and services and we will do this in a way that does not materially impact any of your rights, freedoms or interests, for example the profiling activity we refer to below.
How long will we hold your data for?
We will keep your personal information whilst you continue to shop and interact with us, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We’re still working hard to get all of our systems aligned but your Bonus Card and/or online shopping account will expire two years after you last shop with us and your information will be archived after the third year. However, we are required by law to keep some data for longer periods than other types and are entitled to hold on to some information where we have a legal right to do so. In general, we will not keep your personal information for longer than seven years after you last shop with us or interact with us before we deleted it and where we don't need it or are not obliged to keep it, we will delete it before.
It's easy to opt out
With each marketing communication you receive from Iceland, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future communications, such as post, telephone, SMS and email. But you can choose to opt out at any time, that's easy too. Simply contact us and we'll take care of the rest. Just be aware that it may take up to 28 days for all of our systems to be updated.
Creating customer profiles
Whether it's frozen or fresh, for the food cupboard or fridge, we've always got exciting promotions on at Iceland. But how do we know which offers are for you? Well, to help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your Bonus Card and online shopping information – to give us a clear view of your shopping habits and bring you the offers and promotions that are most relevant to you.
We call this profiling. And that's what makes every customer's Iceland experience unique – tailored just for them.
Sharing your information
We want to earn and maintain your trust. So as a rule, we do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. That includes your personal details, such as your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies, as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to run our websites, our till systems and to get your purchases to you, such as the IT companies who support our systems, payment service providers, delivery scheduling companies and the systems that support our customer services teams
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and other advisors and agents, who help us run our business, undertake market research and gather product reviews
- Our security contractors, credit reference agencies, law enforcement, cybersecurity companies, fraud prevention and crime reduction agencies, so we can help tackle fraud and criminal activity and to determine risk to customer accounts. We may also receive information from these bodies and use it to keep our customers and employees safe online and in store
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers. But before we do, we'll make sure that it does not identify you.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and we'll always take your privacy into consideration before sharing.
Protecting your data outside the EEA
Sometimes, in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services, we'll need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area – such as Australia or the USA.
But, if we do this, don't worry. We have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same standard of protection it gets inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times.
Meet our affiliate websites
When it comes to delivering the best products for great value, we can't do it all on our own.
That's why we've partnered with various trusted third-party companies to provide goods and services to you. These goods and services can be accessed through links on our website to the third-party company's microsite – a website which is owned and operated by the company, but is Iceland branded or co-branded with the relevant affiliate.
The main thing you need to know is that although some of these microsites may contain iceland.co.uk in their address, these microsites are not owned or operated by Iceland. They are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies, so it's definitely worth having a read of their policies too, to see how your information may be used.
There's only one Iceland Foods. All emails you receive from Iceland will come from an email address ending in Iceland.co.uk or icelandmail.co.uk. So, if you receive any emails claiming to be from Iceland which do not end in Iceland.co.uk or Icelandmail.co.uk, these may be fraudulent and should be forwarded to Iceland at email@example.com
Don't forget your rights
Remember: your data is your data. So, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data if you withdraw that consent
- That we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- That we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information to be updated, please use your online Iceland account, or contact our customer services team.
For any of the others, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Legal Department, Iceland Foods Ltd, Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to provide the best service to you, so we'll act on your requests where we can. But, sometimes, we may not be able to or may not be required to. If we choose not to action your request, we'll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you give us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. The easiest way to withdraw is to contact our helpful customer services team. Lots of the uses of your information set out in the table above are not based on your consent and therefore, we may continue to use your data, where we are legally allowed to.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so, unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. If we choose not to action your request, we'll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, that's fine too. We will just ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Filing a complaint
We're always happy to help you with any issues you may have. However, if you'd like to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, please visit www.ico.org.uk
Stay safe and secure
We work hard to make our websites as safe as possible. Which is why, if you register to use secured parts of the website, you may be asked to create a password.
Like with any password, you must keep this password confidential, must not disclose it or share it with anyone and will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should notify us immediately (please see the ‘Contact us' section)
If we think there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, you'll be the first to know. We may ask you to change your password or suspend your account until we've verified your identity and/or until your account has been secured.
Cookies (we're talking data, not dough)
We want to give each of our customers a personalised experience on our website. And cookies help us do just that. Cookies help us tell you apart from other users of our website, creating a more seamless experience – made just for you.
What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small, harmless text file placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by lots of the websites that you visit. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but this will affect your ability to use certain features and shop online.
What types of cookies are there?
There are four main types of cookies – here's how and why we use them:
Essential cookies are – well – essential to use our website. They let you move around the site and use all its fantastic features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the services that make your life easier, like shopping baskets or shopping lists, wouldn't be a thing. See, essential!
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website – like which pages you go to most often, or if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that could identify you. In fact, all information is aggregated and anonymous. It's only used to improve how our website performs.
You know when a website remembers your past purchases, or details like your username to help you sign in faster? That's a functional cookie. They provide more personal features to enhance your experience. Again, the information these cookies collect may be anonymised, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeted advertising cookies
We know, we know. No one wants to see adverts. But at least with cookies, you'll see adverts that are more relevant to you. In fact, these cookies limit the number of times you see an advert, and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
They are usually placed by advertising networks, but only with our permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. So, like our profiling system, every time you interact with Iceland online, we're refining an experience to suit you.
Your choice of cookies
By using our site, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the ‘help' section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
More information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site. (hey, that's just how the cookie crumbles!)
Phew, that was quite a lot to take in, right?
Whether you're feeling overjoyed or overwhelmed, take a deep breath, and fire all your thoughts our way. We're always happy to speak to our customers.
And when it comes to your privacy, we want you to feel as safe and secure as your information.
Or just give our friendly customer services team a call on 0800 328 0800 (please select option 1). They're available Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-8pm and Sun 8am-6pm (opening hours subject to change), calls will be free. Calls may be recorded.
We're big fans of putting pen to paper too. So, if you'd prefer to write to us, you can reach us at:
Iceland Foods Ltd,
Deeside Industrial Park,
Our websites, such as Iceland.co.uk (not affiliate websites), are owned and operated by Iceland Foods Limited (Company Number 1107406).
Last Updated: 05.05.22
THE FOOD WAREHOUSE
The Food Warehouse Store Opening Competition
Food Warehouse · Monday 26th July 2021 · Reading time: 4 minutes
This prize draw is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the prize draw, entrants release Facebook in full, from any action or claim arising out of the prize draw.
Prize consists of the specific details within the post published on Facebook. The prize will be funded either by The Food Warehouse or a chosen supplier, who will vary. There will be a chosen winner(s) from when the Facebook post is advertised until 11.59PM the day before the specified opening date. Entries received outside of this time period, or which do not meet the entry criteria will not be considered. The winner(s) will be selected using a random computer process.
Entry criteria: Entries to the prize draw are made by entrants liking Food Warehouse's Facebook page and commenting on the competition post, tagging a friend.
Entry is free. Internet access and a Facebook account is required. Only one entry per valid Facebook account. Every Facebook user that comments on the relevant Food Warehouse channel post will be entered into the prize draw.
The winner(s) will be announced on Food Warehouse Facebook page no later than one week after the day of opening. Winners may be notified sooner.
Claiming the prize: The winner must contact Food Warehouse by a private Facebook message within 24 hours of the announcement to claim their prize. If a winner does not get in touch within 24 hours, their prize will be forfeited and another prize winner will be redrawn in accordance with the process set out above.
No cash alternative will be offered for the prize and the prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. The Food Warehouse reserves the right to substitute the prize for an item of similar value. The Food Warehouse vouchers can only be used at the Food Warehouse Store specified within the Facebook event. Vouchers cannot be used online, in The Range stores and cannot be used to purchase bonus card savings. Separate voucher terms and conditions may apply, please refer to the vouchers on receipt for details. See voucher for expiration details.
The prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Employees and staff of Food Warehouse, their respective families and agencies or anyone connected with this prize draw are not permitted to enter.
Food Warehouse accepts no responsibility for the content of any posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Food Warehouse reserves the right to immediately remove any non-genuine, copied, unsuitable, obscene, derogatory or otherwise offensive posts, photographs or other material. Entrants posting such materials will be automatically disqualified and may be blocked from Food Warehouse's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages at Iceland's discretion.
The prize winner(s) name will be posted on Food Warehouse's Facebook page and their name will be made available on request once the winner has been confirmed from Food Warehouse's head office. Contact Food Warehouse's Customer Care on 0800 328 0800. Lines are open between 8am-9pm Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, and 8am-6pm Sunday (opening hours subject to change and calls may be recorded). By entering the prize draw, the winner agrees to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw on the reasonable request of Iceland.
The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Food Warehouse reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior written notice if circumstances beyond Iceland's control make this necessary. Food Warehouse will not be responsible for any entries that are incomplete, lost or delayed or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other reason which is beyond Food Warehouse's control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
By entering the prize draw on Facebook, entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Entrants also agree that Food Warehouse may contact them from time to time with offers and information from Food Warehouse. Entrants will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from this service in each communication.
The prize draw is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
Promoter: Iceland Foods Limited ("Iceland"), Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.
JML Hydro Wonder Shower Mat Competition
This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the prize draw, entrants accept that they shall have no rights of claim against Facebook and shall thereby fully release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the prize draw.
Prize consists of x 12 JML Hydro Wonder Shower Mats (the “Prize”). There will be one Prize allocated per winner. There will be 12 (twelve) winners selected in total from the date that the Facebook post is first advertised on Friday 10th June 2022 until 11.59PM on Tuesday 14th June 2022. Entries received outside of this time, or which do not meet the entry criteria, will not be considered. The winners will be selected on Wednesday 15th June 2022 using a random computerised process.
Entry criteria: Entries to the Prize draw are made by following The Food Warehouse Facebook page, and liking, sharing and tagging a friend on the relevant The Food Warehouse Facebook competition post. Entrants must be following The Food Warehouse Facebook page in order to make the entry valid.
Entry is free. Internet access and a Facebook account is required. Only one entry per valid Facebook account. Use of the Facebook account is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions of use as published from time to time.
The Food Warehouse will announce the winners on Wednesday 15th June 2022. We will contact the winners by making a comment on the post and instructing the winners to send their details to us via a private Facebook message.
Claiming the Prize: The winners must contact The Food Warehouse by a private Facebook message within 7 days of the announcement to claim their Prize and to confirm their postal address. If a winner does not get in touch and provide their postal address within 7 days, their Prize will be forfeited, and another winner may be selected in accordance with the process set out above.
No cash alternative will be offered for the Prize, and the Prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. The Food Warehouse reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an item of similar value.
The Prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Employees and staff of Iceland Foods Limited, their respective families and agencies or anyone connected with this Prize draw are not permitted to enter.
The Food Warehouse accepts no responsibility for the content of any posts on Facebook. The Food Warehouse reserves the right to immediately remove any non-genuine, copied, unsuitable, obscene, derogatory, or otherwise offensive posts, photographs, or other material at any time and without notice. Entrants posting such materials will be automatically disqualified and may be blocked from The Food Warehouse’s Facebook page at The Food Warehouse’s discretion.
The Prize will be sent by Royal Mail Signed For to the postal addresses provided by the winners and will be dispatched within 28 days of the winners confirming their postal addresses. The Food Warehouse accepts no liability for any lost or delayed Prizes.
The Prize winner’s surname will be posted on The Food Warehouse Facebook pages and their surname and county will be made available on request once the winner has been confirmed. Contact The Food Warehouse Customer Care on 0800 328 0800. Lines are open between 8am-9pm Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday, and 8am-6pm Sunday (opening hours subject to change and calls may be recorded). By entering the Prize draw, the winners agree to participate in publicity relating to the Prize draw upon the reasonable request of The Food Warehouse.
The result of the Prize draw is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Food Warehouse reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior written notice if circumstances beyond The Food Warehouse’s control make this necessary. The Food Warehouse will not be responsible for any entries that are incomplete, lost or delayed or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other reason which is beyond The Food Warehouse’s control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
By entering the competition on Facebook, entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Food Warehouse will be required, with the winners’ prior consent, to share the winners’ Personal Data with The Food Warehouse’s nominated courier services provider for the sole purpose of delivering the Prize to the winners. The Food Warehouse may be required by law or court order to share Personal Data with the police or other law enforcement authorities.
The prize draw is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Iceland Foods Limited ("The Food Warehouse"), Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.